GENERAL RENTAL POLICY
Reservations: All reservations are made by category and not by any particular car model. In case of non-availability of a confirmed reservation category, Active reserves the right to provide the customer with a higher category car without charge to the customer.
Driver’s age: Minimum age of 21 years for categories A, A1, B, C, D, D1 and 23 years for SUVs, 4X4 & E. The maximum age is 75 years.
Driving license: Driver must have a European or International driving license that has to be valid for at least 1 year before the rental date.
Guarantee – Payment methods: Customer is required to provide a credit card to guarantee the rental, even if the payment is made in cash.
Rental duration: Minimum rental duration per day (24 hours). Delay over 2 hours is charged an additional day of rental.
Insurance: Vehicles are insured with liability insurance for third parties and material damages to third parties, excluding driver and passengers in the event of damage to the fault of the driver.
Third Party Insurance
All renters are covered for third parties in case of death, body injuries and material damages
Collision Damage Waiver (C.D.W)
The renter is responsible for any kind of damage (due to the renter’s fault) caused to the rental car up to:
The maximum amount of 400 Euros for car categories A, B, B1 and C
The maximum amount of 500 Euros for car categories C1, D and G
The maximum amount of 700 Euros for car categories E, E1 and F
Damages to the tires, exterior mirrors, glasses, underside and interior of the car are not covered by any insurance
The insurance provided is not valid and the renter is responsible for the whole amount of damages caused when:
- The renter is under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- The rental car is driven on non-paved roads (4X4 vehicles are excluded)
- The rental car is driven with a flat tire
- The renter violates the Greek traffic law
- The renter uses type of fuel different to the one specified by the manufacturer of the rental car
- The rental car is driven by a non-authorized person (not stated on the rental contract)
- The renter does not return the rental car on the date and time stated in the car hire contract
- All drivers have to hold a valid driving license that has been issued at least 1 year before the actual car rental commences and is valid in Greece. Driving licenses that have been issued by a non E.U. member country (excluding Switzerland), or in the U.S.A., Canada, Australia and China have to be accompanied with an international driver’s permit
- The minimum age limit is 23 years old
- The insurances are valid only in the islands of Kefalonia and Ithaca
- All traffic fines are paid for by the renter
- Damaged or lost car key is paid for by the renter with the amount of 80-100 euros depending on the type of the car
- The fuel is paid for by the renter and not included in the price
Calls – Fines: Fines and administrative penalties resulting from a violation of KOK during the rental period, are solely the responsibility of the tenant.
Taxes: All rates and charges are subject to a 24% VAT and a municipal tax of 0.5% on the rental price.
Terms and prices can be modified without prior notice.
Last updated 31/01/2019
Ithaca rent a car – Atlas Tourism company, which is located at Vathy, Ithaca includes plenty of services such as accommodation, car and boat rental and also some other . We value you as our guest and recognises that privacy is important to you. We want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose data.
This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices of our company for data that we collect:
- through websites operated by us from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement, including www.ithacarentacar.com
- through our social media pages that we control from which you are accessing this Privacy Statement
- through HTML-formatted email messages that we send you that link to this Privacy Statement and through your communications with us
- when you visit or stay as a guest at one of our properties
Collectively, we refer to the Websites, the Apps and our Social Media Pages, as the “Online Services” and, together with offline channels, the “Services.” By using the Services, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
We use Personal Data to provide you with Services, to develop new offerings and to protect our company and our guests as detailed below. In some instances, we will request that you provide Personal Data to us directly. If you do not provide the data that we request, or prohibit us from collecting such data, we may not be able to provide the requested Services.
We use Personal Data for our legitimate business interests, including the following:
- Provide the Services you request. We use Personal Data to provide Services you request, including:
- To facilitate reservations, payment, send administrative information, confirmations or pre-arrival messages, to provide you with other information about the area and the property at which you are scheduled to visit
- To complete your reservation and stay, to rent a boat or a car, and any other services requested for example, to process your payment, ensure that your accommodation or service is available and provide you with related customer service
- To support our electronic receipt program. When you provide an email address in making a reservation, we use that email address to send you a copy of your bill. If you make a reservation for another person using your email address, that person’s bill will be emailed to you, as well. You can opt out of receiving your bill via email and instead receive a paper copy by contacting the front desk
We will use Personal Data to manage our contractual relationship with you, because we have a legitimate interest to do so and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Personalize the Services according to your Personal Preferences. We use Personal Data to personalize the Services and improve your experiences, including when you contact our call center, visit one of our properties or use the Online Services, to:
- Customize your experience according to your preferences
- Present offers tailored to your preferences
We will use Personal Data to provide personalized Services according to your preferences either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
- Communicate with you about goods and services according to your preferences. We use Personal Data to send you marketing communications and promotional offers, as well as periodic customer satisfaction, market research or quality assurance surveys
We will use Personal Data to communicate with you with your consent, to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
We use Personal Data in this way with your consent, to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
- Business Purposes. We use Personal Data for developing new goods and services, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
We use Personal Data in this way to manage our contractual relationship with you, comply with a legal obligation and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
Our goal is to provide you with the highest level of hospitality and Services, and to do so, we share Personal Data and Other Data with the following:
- Ithaca Travel. We disclose Personal Data to other companies within our company for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, such as providing and personalizing the Services, communicating with you, facilitating the loyalty programs, and to accomplish our business purposes. We share your Personal Data used for making a reservation with the applicable property to fulfill and complete your reservation.
- Strategic Business Partners. We disclose Personal Data with select Strategic Business Partners who provide goods, services and offers that enhance your experience at our properties or that we believe will be of interest to you. By sharing data with these Strategic Business Partners, we are able to make personalized services and unique travel experiences available to you. For example, this sharing enables car, boat rental, spa, restaurant, concierge, activities .This sharing also enables us to provide you with a single source for purchasing packages that include travel-related services, such as boat tickets, taxi transfers, rental cars and vacation packages.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We will use and disclose Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including authorities outside your country of residence and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of our company, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Data. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section, below.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES:
In order to anticipate your needs, our website provides links to other web sites and third parties for your convenience and information. We are not responsible for the collection, use, maintenance, sharing or disclosure of data (including personal data) by such third parties. We encourage you to contact these third parties to ask questions about their privacy practices, policies and security measures before disclosing any personal data. We recommend that you review the privacy statements and policies of linked web sites to understand how those web sites collect, use and store information.
Choices of Access
You have choices when it comes to how we use your data and we want to ensure you have the information to make the choices that are right for you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails, you may opt out by e-mailing us and request to unsubscribe you
How You Can Access, Change or Suppress Your Personal Data
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Data that you have previously provided to us you can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
In your request, please make clear what Personal Data you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Data suppressed from our database, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Data. For your protection, we only fulfill requests for the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we often need to retain certain data for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or reservation, or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Data provided until after the completion of such purchase, reservation, or promotion). There may also be residual data that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. In addition, there may be certain data that we may not allow you to review for legal, security or other reasons.
We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services)
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them)
- Whether retention is advisable considering our legal position (such as, for statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations)
Unless specifically requested, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, on or through the Services or otherwise to us, any Sensitive Personal Data (e.g., social security numbers, data related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, ideological or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, trade union membership, or administrative or criminal proceedings and sanctions).
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We use reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the nature of the Personal Data and the risks involved in processing that information.
Access to Personal Data
You can ask to review, correct, or delete Personal Data that we maintain about you by sending a written request to email@example.com
Disclosures Required By Law
We may need to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful requests by public authorities for law enforcement or national security reasons or when such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding or court order, or when otherwise required by law.
This Policy may be changed from time to time, consistent with the requirements of the Privacy Shield. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this page. Any changes to our Policy will become effective upon our posting of the revised Policy on the Site.